Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to Stamp Another Day...

It seems like forever since I last posted something. A lot has happened since my last post. Sadly, I really haven't gotten much stamping done; although I do have a couple of new things to post. I made this card a couple of weeks ago for my son's Early Intervention service coordinator, Angela, who is having a baby boy later this month. I just had to use this set... it seemed perfect! All of the images are from the now retired set, "Unfrogettable." I used Soft Sky card stock for the card base, and a layer of Whisper White card stock, on which I did all of the stamping. I colored the images with all of the now retired 2007 In Colors ink pads (Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, River Rock, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky) using a blender pen (yeah, I know my froggie got a little messed up). I sponged a little Wild Wasabi ink on the bottom of the white card stock and a little Soft Sky ink over the rest of the white card stock. I cut a frame out of Blue Bayou card stock and mounted it to the card with dimensionals. I added some dazzling diamonds glitter with my 2-way glue pen and popped the cut out mushroom up on a dimensional. I finished it off by adding the sentiment, which I printed off my computer using RGB codes for Wild Wasabi (cool, huh?). I mounted it onto a strip of Wild Wasabi card stock and added a couple of Soft Subtles brads to each end. I then punched out a little photo corner with my photo corners punch and mounted it to the top of the card. I had a meeting with Angela on July 30, and I gave this to her then. She absolutely loved this card!

No comments: