Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Stamps and New Colors!

Like all demonstrators, I had the opportunity to pre-order some new stamp sets and the brand new 2008 In Colors. Yesterday, I finally had the opportunity to play around with some of my new goodies. I used the new "Wow Flowers" stamp set for the flowers on the card, which I stamped onto Whisper White card stock in Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Kiwi Kiss. I sponged on a little Baja Breeze ink to soften it up, and then cut that piece of card stock into the two sizes I needed. I used Baja Breeze for the card base, and then I took a couple of 1" strips of Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango and punched the edges of them using my new scallop edge punch. I layered them onto the top and bottom of the card. I then used a layer of Kiwi Kiss card stock in the center of the card and mounted my stamped piece of white card stock, after I punched the corners of it with my ticket corner punch. I stamped the sentiment from "Sincere Salutations" onto my smaller piece of stamped card stock, punched the corners, and mounted that onto Pacific Point card stock and mounted that one onto Tangerine Tango card stock. I then added a strip of white taffeta ribbon, which I dyed using the Tangerine Tango ink pad and a sponge. I finished the card by adding the sentiment layer to the card with some dimensionals. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I like the new Kiwi Kiss, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the way the card turned out, considering I was just playing around!

1 comment:

LaunchingProjectH said...

This is a great card and a nice way to show off all the colors.