Friday, August 15, 2008

Playing With More New Toys...


I did some more playing around yesterday, trying to come up with a color combo using the new Kiwi Kiss that I didn't hate. I'm actually pretty pleased with this card, and I think the colors work really well together. I used Blush Blossom card stock for the actual card, mounted on 1/4 sheet of Close to Cocoa card stock. The other card stocks used are Cameo Coral and Kiwi Kiss. All of the images are from the stamp set, "Dreams du Jour," which is in Stampin' Up!'s new 2008 Fall/Winter Idea Book & Catalog. The inks I used are Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White craft. I used the craft ink for the medallion on the left side of the card. I stamped it and added Heat & Stick powder, melted it, and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the entire image (an image in glitter -- what could be better than that?!) I also added some glitter to the butterflies that I stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink. I used my new scallop edge punch on the bottom of the card, and finished off the card by adding some white taffeta ribbon behind the medallion and popping it up on dimensionals. I made a second one for my mom, which my hubby will give her tomorrow. I think my mom is going to love it!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Nice card!

Jen said...

Oooh, love this! Your colors are so pretty together.