Sunday, July 20, 2008

For My Mom


I made this card the other day for my mom. I really miss her. My hubby is going down to her house on Friday for a few weeks to do some work there, so I'm sending this card with him. I got the idea for this card from a demonstrator technique challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The technique used is "reverse spotlighting," and it's the first time I've ever done it. Beate Johns has a great tutorial about how to do this. I used the same set she used, "A Beautiful Thing." The actual card is a 4" x 8" piece of Blush Blossom card stock, which I folded to make a 4" x 4" square. On top of that is a layer of Rose Red card stock, which I stamped on with Basic Black ink and punched holes in over three of the main images with my 1-1/4" hole punch. I then used the 2-step flower from "A Beautiful Thing" to stamp three other flowers onto Whisper White card stock using Soft Sky and Rose Red inks. I cut out the flowers and lined them up and mounted them behind the punched-out circles, and mounted the layer onto the front of the card. I then mounted the card on a 1/4 sheet of Pixie Pink card stock and stamped the sentiment on it in Rose Red ink. I finished the card by adding some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flowers and tying a piece of Purely Pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon around the card. My mom is going to love this card. I'm going down to see her a week after my hubby goes down. I can't wait to see her!

No comments: