Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Not Done Yet....


Like I said, I've been really busy.... I've got a few more cards to post, but I didn't want to make the previous post too long. This next card I made for my neighbor's daughter, who is getting married this Saturday. It's simple, but I really like the way it turned out. I'm not so happy about the way it scanned, though; it kept sliding around in my scanner when I shut the lid. Oh well, you can still see it... I used Brocade Blue card stock for the base of the card, and I used a layer of Brushed Silver card stock which I put some score lines into with my paper trimmer. I then used a small layer of Whisper White card stock which I stamped the large flower from "Embrace Life" and the sentiment from the now retired "All Year Cheer III" in Jet Black Staz-on ink. I water colored the flower using my Rich Regals Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aqua painter. After it dried, I covered the whole thing with VersaMark ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder, which I melted with my heat tool. I finished the card by tying some narrow white organdy ribbon and silver cord (both now retired) around the card. It's really sparkly and so much prettier in real life.

This next card I made yesterday and sent down to my son in Fort Jackson, SC. The layout is a first for me, but I got the idea from an old Splitcoast sketch challenge. It was a fun card to do, and I like the way it turned out. It scanned kind of dark, though, and I couldn't lighten it up without washing out the rest of the colors. Oh well... I used Soft Sky card stock for the card base, and using my Coluzzle, I cut out half ovals from Wild Wasabi card stock and designer paper from the now retired "Creative License Simply Scrappin' Kit" and circles from Blue Bayou card stock and the same designer paper (actually the other side). I stamped on the card base with the stars from "Background Basics" in Soft Sky ink and mounted the half ovals on the left side of the card. I then added a strip of Wild Wasabi double stitched grosgrain ribbon and then added the circles, which I popped up on dimensionals. To the center of the circles, I added a medallion, which I punched out of Pumpkin Pie card stock, and added punched layers of Wild Wasabi and Whisper White card stocks. I stamped the sentiment from "All Holidays" on the Whisper White card stock in Wild Wasabi ink. I finished off the card by adding a "faux bow" with the Wasabi ribbon. I like the way it turned out; although, my hubby said it's "weird." LOL

No comments: