Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yup, it's definitely one of those days...


Well, I didn't get to do any stamping today (not that I get the opportunity much, anyway...); between running after a 2-year old who figured out how to open doors and nursing my 4-month old daughter, I'm about spent. I did get to scan a couple of cards into my computer, though. DH's and my 20th wedding anniversary was on May 21 of this year. It was an insanely busy day, so I literally had to throw a quick card together. Considering I put it together in less than 5 minutes, I don't think it turned out all that bad... I used Mellow Moss for the card base, and layers of Almost Amethyst and Barely Banana underneath a layer of white vellum paper. I stamped images from True Friend in Encore Gold on the vellum and embossed with gold embossing powder. The sentiment is from one of the All-Year Cheer sets (can't remember which). I used my ticket corner punch on the Barely Banana layer and attached the vellum to the Almost Amethyst layer with gold brads.

The other card I managed to scan in is the Father's Day card I am sending out this year. I CASEd the layout from another blog I visited (sorry, I can't remember which one). I have the East Coast Prep DSP, and I thought it would be perfect for this. The trend over the past few years has been for more muted colors and earth tones. I had forgotten just how much fun brighter colors can be! The card base is Real Red, and I layered it with Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Confetti White, and a strip of the East Coast Prep DSP. I dry embossed the Tempting Turquoise layer using the Dots brass template. I finished off the card with that wonderful striped grosgrain in Real Red, and I popped the sentiment (from All Holidays, stamped in Real Red) up on dimensionals. I think the dads will really like this one! What do you think?

3 comments:

Pink Camo's Creative Place said...

Love the cards. great work

Tandra said...

LOVE both cards!
Especially th eFathers Day! The argyle East Coast Prep is my fave!

Michele Zwart said...

This is nice! I always struggle with the "man" card. I like your use of the colors and designer paper!

Come to my blog for candy if you want!