Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Little Color Challenge

Oh my gosh, it seems like forever since I last posted. What a hectic couple of weeks it has been! Today is my two middle boys' last day of school. My oldest two have been done with school for a week. My oldest leaves for Basic Training this afternoon. I can't believe the day is finally here... Anyway, I dressed my daughter in the sweetest outfit a few days ago. It was so girly, without being frilly. The colors are just so beautiful and complimentary, and there is a floral print on it that looks just like one of the flowers in the "Time Well Spent" stamp set. It really got my juices flowing. I challenged myself to use only the colors in her outfit. Most of them are colors I don't normally use, and two of them are colors I've never used at all. I've been a demo for five years and have been stamping for about eight years. Right after Stampin' Up! retired a few of their colors and replaced them with new ones (somewhere around four years ago), I ordered all new ink pads by color family -- all four of 'em. Anyway, I have several that I've never used, and two of the colors in my daughter's outfit are two of them; in fact, the ink pads were still shrink-wrapped! So..... the colors I used are as follows: Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom (still shrink-wrapped), Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, and Cameo Coral (also still shrink-wrapped -- until yesterday, that is). I normally would not have put all of these colors together, but in my daughter's outfit, they looked beautiful; so I challenged myself to give it a try. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'll post the picture later. For some reason, I'm having trouble uploading images from my camera to my computer. As soon as I figure out what the problem is, I'll post the photo. So.... how would you like to play along? Create something using the colors I listed before, and leave me a comment with either a gallery link or a link to the photo on your blog, and I'll post the link in a future post (near future). I'm not a techno-genious, but I'm not a techno-idiot, either, so I can probably figure out how to do it. LOL. Have a great day, and have fun creating!

No comments: