Monday, June 16, 2008

My Birthday (Card) Bash


was on Friday night (6-13). We made five each of two different designs. I'd like to say that I designed both cards, but I did not. The layouts are from Andrea Walford's Bali Breeze class. The first card is almost exactly the same as Andrea's. The only thing different is the sentiment. On this card, I used a Whisper White base, and layers of Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, and Whisper White card stocks, and Bali Breeze DSP. I used the flowers from Embrace Life, and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. Both are stamped in Jet Black Staz-on Ink. I used my blender pen to add color to the flowers with Old Olive ink for the stems, and Purely Pomegranate ink for the flowers. I tied double stitched grosgrain in Pomegranate around the card and popped the main image up on dimensionals. I finished it off by adding a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers of the little flowers.

The second card is a little bit different. I used a Whisper White base and layers of Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White card stocks and Bali Breeze DSP. The little flowers are from A Beautiful Thing, and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. The flower petals are stamped with Rose Red ink, and the flower centers are stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink. The sentiment is stamped with Basic Black ink. I added felt flowers from the Accents and Elements Flower Fusion. There are over 130 flowers of all different shapes and sizes in this tin, in three different colors -- Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive; oh, and they all come with a tiny hole in the center so you can attach them together, which I did with a gold brad. I finished the card by tying double stitched grosgrain in Pomegranate around the Teal layers and adding a little bit of glitz with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers of the flowers. I attached the little felt flower with a dimensional, and voila! What do you think?

No comments: